Time for a twist to the Madden ratings. As all of you are aware, the last article was giving a madden rating on an overall player (the defensive and offensive side of the ball). I ended up getting a file to list everyones positions (pre-draft) from last season. So I figured why not release ratings based on a specific position instead? The draft is tonight and when management needs help deciding on who preformed well last season, they can review these articles.
I’m sorry in advance if I ended up getting a players position wrong. It’s pretty difficult mapping out all the positions accurately.
For the most part, everything is the same in terms of scoring; regular season stats, the point system remains the same, and the TPV slightly changes since were condensing this list by position and not overall. So lets get into it. Summarized bullets are found below.
- These ratings are based on a players REGULAR season only. Playoffs excluded
- All ratings are reflected on a players stats for the season
- These overalls are given from a point based. system (criteria listed below).
- If a player has a lower than expected overall, there’s a number of factors.
- did not play a full 12 games of the season (I.E 6 games)
- Team management did not put in the players stats
- Bonuses to a player overall are applied as followed:
- OTY of the respected position (expect owner) – 99
- 1st team probowl – +2
- 2nd team probowl – +1
- In an event where a player won a OTY or MVP, there bonuses for probowl DO NOT add to there overall.
POINT VALUE SYSTEM
Total Point Value (TPV)
Just like last year, once the calculation is made, a total point value (TPV) is determined to players starting overall. Compared to last years, this season is giving a more precise rating.
The TPV of all players in season 4 ranged from 10 to 517. There isn’t a minimum threshold this season. If a players stat is recorded, its reflected on this article. There are situations where a player switched positions mid-season and i decided not to include them in the article.
Next, to determine a player starting overall, I used the criteria below:
Without further ado, here’s our ratings for Season 4.*bonuses are applied after the Starting overall and applied to the final overall.
The 99 Club
The 95-98 Club - The Franchise Players
|Kxng x Champ||96|
The 90-94 Club - X-Factor Players
The 85-89 Club - Superstar Players
|Ez big ty||86|
|IR x Brady||86|
The 80-84 Club - Star Players
|x 9 smyth 4 x||81|
|x Sacr1f1ce x||81|
The 70-79s Club